Hon’ble Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 15th August 2020. National Digital Health Mission (NDHM) from Red Fort on the 74th anniversary of India’s Independence Day. The program ‘one nation, one health card’ would directly help people in the nation get better healthcare services. A person’s medical history documents including examinations, diagnoses, and treatments will be store as a database in digital form. An individual allowed to access these can access them from anywhere in the world. Every person who opts for this card will be issued a unique ID, through which he/she can log in to the system.
CERTAIN KEYWORDS REGARDING THE TOPIC: –
1. Health – A state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.
2. Policy – Policy is a system, which provides the logical framework and rationality of decision-making for the achievements of intended objectives.
3. Health Policy – Health Policy of a nation is its strategy for controlling and optimizing the social uses of its health knowledge and health resources.
ONE HEALTH SYSTEM CONCEPT: –
The world organization of animal health, commonly known as OIE (an abbreviation of its French title), summarizes the one health concept. It says that “Human Health and Animal Health “are interdependent. All aspects of patients’ lives need to be considered including their environmental disease as a result of an imbalance between men and the environment. So, now one health is not a new concept, the mutual efforts of multiple disciplines working locally, nationally, and globally to obtain the most favorable health for people, animals, and our environment. There are certain health diseases AWMA, FAO, OIE, WHO, UNSIC, UNICEF, WB, etc. expanded one health encompasses any issue related to human, animal, and environmental health.
Identification of inextricable linkage of human, livestock, companion animal, wildlife health, and Adding values from closer cooperation of human and animal health.
• More knowledge
• Better health (human or animal)
• Economical benefit/savings
The size of the populations of humans and animals in India is about with the same, the network of medical institutions at 1.90 lakh. On the other hand, only 65,000 veterinary institutions tend to the health needs of 125.5 Crore animals.
Private sector presence in veterinary services is close to being non-existent. Unlike a physician, a veterinarian is always on a house call. Early detection from an animal source can prevent transmission of disease to humans and the entry of pathogens into the food chain.
1. The WHO was set up in 1948 to, among other objectives; promote cooperation to control human diseases.
2. The cooperation and collaboration among nations to control certain animal diseases.
3. This has been recognized as early as 1924. India has been at the forefront.
MAIN POINTS RELATED TO THE ONE HEALTH SYSTEM: –
1. National Health Digital Mission is a complete digital health ecosystem with a personal health ID for every Indian.
2. It will also include digitization of health records, registration of doctors and health facilities across India.
3. The digital platform will be launched with key features such as health ID, personal health records, health facility registry, and digital doctor.
4. The ID card can be used according to all hospitals, pharmacies, labs in India.
5. It is a voluntary platform for individuals to get themselves a digital health card.
6. Health records will be available to be used via apps and websites launched by the NHA.
POLICY ARISES: –
According to the Union Minister of the state for women and child development named ‘Debasree Chaudhuri Said, that healthcare has been a priority sector in India, as in the current situation of pandemic crisis and challenges of existing healthcare mechanisms. An integrated health system called ‘one nation, one health system’ will be implemented by 2030, which would incorporate traditional and modern systems of medicines like Allopath, Homoeopathy, and Ayurveda in medicinal practice, education, and research.
The Union Minister of state for women and child development was speaking at the summit named CII IWN Lifestyle and wellness. The aim of the summit was to redefine the healthcare and wellness strategies of the ongoing covid-19 pandemic. This summit goes on virtual mode and all government authorities, healthcare industry and wellness organizations provide their start-up to help the people and solve this covid-19 pandemic while doing various conferences, wellness strategies, technology solutions, and innovative health.
BENEFITS OF ONE HEALTH SYSTEM: –
1. Improving animals and humans globally with collaboration among all the health sciences.
2. Meeting new global challenges through the collaboration for medicine which was veterinary medicine, human medicine, environmental, social science, wildlife, and public health.
3. Developing centers of excellence for education and training with the help of veterinary medicine, human medicine, and public medicine
RISE IN OUTBREAK: –
1. Greater contract with domestic and wild animals.
2. Climate change, deforestation, and intensive farming.
3. According to the OIE, 60% of infectious diseases currently occurring in humans are zoometric.
4. Of the five new human diseases that occur every year, three occur in animals.
5. It is estimated that zoonotic disease accounts for nearly two billion cases per year.
6. Humans require a regular diet of animal protein. This calls for strict health surveillance.
7. Thus, the loss of food animals on account of poor health or disease becomes a public health issue.
The public health imagination over the year have contributed for the improvement of the health indicators, this is to be acknowledged that public indicator/disease burden statistics are the outcome of several complementary advantages under the wider protection of the developmental sector, covering rural development, agriculture, food production, sanitation, drinking water supply, and education, etc. Further dedicated efforts are required to achieve the goal of “health for all” in the 21st century. NHP 2002 will provide an impetus for achieving an acceptable standard of good health for the people of India.
Developing countries like India have a much greater stake in a strong health system on account of the agriculture system, Strengthening veterinary institutions, and Control zoonotic pathogens at their animal source.
If this “one nation, one health system “policy will be launched by the organs of government i.e. executive, legislation, and judiciary. If the bill is passed, it will be easier for the citizens of India to provide one ID card for the same. So, the citizens can easily apply for the card in any hospital, medical shop, or any health issue, etc. they can solve their problem. The citizens will get good health services and will get modern and traditional medicine like Allopath, Homoeopathy, and Ayurveda.
From the application of this rule, no one can regret or disappoint whether he/she will get or not the good services and modern medical facilities in the society. After the application of the rule, the government will provide the same to the entire citizen whether he/she is affordable or not.